The webforms that your supporters fill out when they take action with a New/Mode tool can integrate seamlessly with your CRM. The following article will walk you through all the different ways in which you can customize and sync your campaign tool webform components with your CRM.
First, go to the Edit Component screen under your tool’s Advanced dropdown menu:
You will have the option of customizing the following:
Label: enter the description you want associated with this component. This will change the name of the component under Webform Component.
Field Key: enter the name you would like attributed to the form element. This label should be machine readable (only alphanumeric characters and underscores). This value has no effect on the way that data is saved, but may help with custom form processing.
Default Value: you can set up a component to be automatically filled with information that your supporter doesn’t have to fill out, like the date or an email address. This field has some custom tokens available for you to enter a value automatically.
Description: you can choose to enter a brief description of the component to help your supporters fill it out with the correct information.
Send to CRM API: select or manually enter the name of the form field in your CRM that you would like to sync with the associated New/Mode webform component.
Validation: you can choose to make a webform component:
- Required, in which case a supporter will need to fill it out to complete the action.
- Unique, in which a support will not be able to enter the same value twice.
- Maxlength, set a maximum number of characters available in the webform component.
Display: you can customize the appearance of the webform component by entering:
- Width: change the default width of the textfield.
- Placeholder: text that will appear in the field until the supporter starts entering data (e.g. ‘Your Name Here’).
- Prefix and Postfix text: characters that will stay in the field while a support enters data (e.g. #, $).
- Customize where the field’s Label and Description will appear around the webform.
- Apply CSS Classes to the form field.