Step 1: Follow the steps to create a campaign.
Step 2: From your campaign’s menu, select “Create a One-Click Fax your Rep Tool”.
Step 3: Enter a title for your campaign.
TIP: This will be the public on your action page, so make it a compelling call to action.
Edit/ "Basic Configuration" tab
Step 4: Choose your Targets
Select your target recipient by picking either Location-based targets (Federal, Provincial, Municipal elected officials), Custom Targets (any individual with publicly available contact details (so a Minister or entire Committee, a CEO of a company, a consultation email address etc.), or a combination of both.
Select the Auto-Approval option only if you do not want to moderate letter submissions before they are sent to target representatives.
Step 5: Chose whether you prefer look up for geolocated targets to be based on postal/zip code, or address.
It's important to note that using postal codes is error prone, because a postal code can match multiple boundaries and because postal codes change constantly. For 100% accuracy, please use address-based look up, which will always match a single boundary.
Tip: Always consider defining a fallback target for all campaigns targeting elected officials to ensure that users are able to take action if no usable data is returned (reasons may be postal code limitations, an empty seat in the House, new address etc).
Step 6: Save Basic Configuration.
Step 7: Under the Edit tab, Click Content and complete the following sections.
- Introductory Text: Add a compelling theory/story of change/action in this section.
- Thank You Page Message: Add your thank you text, and attach share links to the Facebook and Twitter images.
- Your Message: This is the body of the message that will be sent in your fax. The default text for the letter sent to target(s). This can be editable or not. You can also leave this field blank and ask people to write individual letters themselves in your placeholder text (higher barrier ask).
- Thank You Email: Add a thank you email supporters get after taking the action. Don't forget to add share links to the Facebook and Twitter buttons.
Optional Fax & PDF Settings
Use the following steps to set up how your Fax/PDF looks.
Step 8: Under the Edit Tab, Click Advanced, then Under the Advanced tab click Fax & PDF.
- General Settings: In this section you can do the following: pick a paper size, select your fax page orientation (portrait or landscape), and upload a background image for the page.
- Fax Settings: Leave this section checked while using the fax tool. This section ensures your fax is sent to the target recipient(s) that you selected on the Basic Configurations page.
- Email Settings: You can attach your Fax/PDF as an attachment to the e-mails sent to the form recipients.
- Fax/PDF Header: You can upload your logo into the header of your fax/pdf document. You can also add text content into the header using the Header Text box found in this section.
- Content of Fax/PDF Document: This field has been disabled, your Fax content will be filled with data from the Your Message field.
- Fax/PDF Footer: Same as the PDF Header settings, you can upload your logo into the footer of your fax/pdf document. You can also add text content into the footer using the footer text box.
Last and possibly most important step: Test your action thoroughly.