Our tools offer a simple test mode -- we always always recommend building at least a day of testing into your campaign timeline.
Step 1: To turn Test mode on, please go to Edit/Basic Config and scroll to the bottom of the page:
You will find three Test settings:
1) OFF - settings for when your campaign is live
2) ON for authenticated users - helpful for testing your tool once your campaign is live
3) ON - you will always see a red "TEST MODE" banner on your tool when in test mode
Step 2: Insert your desired test target's details (likely yourself or another team member): only one field needs to be filled; phone number for Clcik-2-Call testing, Email for Email to Representatives, Twitter handle for Tweet@ etc.
Please note you either need to turn auto-approve on, or manually approve your letters if you're testing emails.
Step 3: Please take the time to ensure the following:
- Proofread all your content - the more eyes the better!
- Check that your action looks great across different browsers, both for desktop and mobile experience
- Check on your targets:
Elected officials: test your postal code look up - are the correct targets coming up (ie are you using the correct data set?)
Recipients: Are all showing or auto-selected and hidden as you intended? Did you allow for multiple selections or chose to limit to one target only?
- Check your thank you page for content and make sure your social media share button links work
- Does the Submit button say your desired text?
- Are all mandatory fields marked as mandatory?
- Depending on your action, double check all tool's output:
- Email tool: check your Email to targets and thank you email to supporters looks as it should? This includes item like email subject, Email from/Reply to & email addresses and names, signature, tokens if any, etc.
- Click2Call tool: Run through the tool to listen to your introduction message and check on your talking points and after-the-call thank you SMS message
- Tweet@: Are the correct handles and hashtags appearing on your form?
- Letter to the Editor: Are all papers showing as intended? Does the tool's placeholder text show your desired text? Did you set up different subject lines?
Tip: If you're running a bilingual campaign, give yourselves more time to test & double check all has been translated properly and all links have been swapped for the correct equivalent.