- Log in as an administrator into your NationBuilder nation.
- Go to “Settings” > “Apps” > “Install new app”.
- Find the "NewMode" app in the list and click the "Install" button next to it. (You might have to confirm a small popup dialog.)
- Go to your organization panel at engage.newmode.net
- Click “Create a Service”
- Select “CRM” as the “Service Type”, which will reveal the “Service Provider” field.
- Select “NationBuilder” as “Service Provider”, which will reveal the “NationBuilder Settings” fields.
- The “Nation Slug” field needs to be set to the first part of the URL of your NationBuilder nation, i.e. the part in front of “.nationbuilder.com”
- The “Client ID” and “Client Secret” fields should be left empty.
- Click the “Save” button.
- On the following page, click the “Establish OAuth2 Connection” tab.
- A message “Success acquiring OAuth2 Access Token.” or “OAuth2 Access Token already available.” should appear.
Important: Nation Builder requires the first name, last name, and email address of supporters (at a bare minimum) in order to sync. This means that your New/Mode Engagement Tool must contain the first name, last name, and email components for your supporter information to sync into your nation.
For modules where supporters are creating custom content, such as the letter-to-the-editor tool, the integration will even sync that content to a custom field in your nation!